2016/2017 Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon NZ Policies and Terms & Conditions
WET WEATHER & CANCELLATION POLICY
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon (SWKT) Event Management Team always strive to ensure that events happen as advertised. However, with reference to the 2016/17 Series Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Health and Safety plan, the SWKT Event Management Team reserve the right to alter/cancel any event should circumstances require.
Every effort will be made for those registered to participate in a Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event as advertised. In exceptional circumstances (for Health & Safety reasons) the event structure may be forced to change to one of the following formats:
- Duathlon (Run, Bike, Run)
- Aquathon (Swim, Run)
- Fun Run Event (Run only)
Alteration/Cancellation of a SWKT event will be determined by SWKT Event Management Team on the morning of the event (or in extreme circumstances prior to the event date).
If an event is to be cancelled, SWKT Event Management Team will endeavour to make this decision prior to 6.30am on the morning of that event. If the course or format is to be altered, the aim is to have a final decision made by 7.00am.
Should the SWKT Event Management Team deem it necessary to modify the course/event or cancel any SWKT event, the following action will be taken:
- Any change to an event will be communicated to all present via the Series Manager over the Public Address System where it is safe to operate the system.
- Regular communication of any changes will be provided via the Public Address system where it is safe to operate the system.
- Any cancellation/amendment occurring on the event date will be broadcast on The Hits (local frequency) on the morning of the event and posted on the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon facebook page.
In the circumstances of a full cancellation prior to the event date participants will also receive notification via email to the address supplied during registration.
In the event of a complete cancellation of a SWKT event, a FULL refund will apply (please see SWKT Refund Policy).
Cancellation of event by Sanitarium
- Refunds will only be issued strictly upon a FULL cancellation of a Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event.
- Upon the FULL cancellation of an event, Sanitarium will refund all registered participants to the credit card from which the registration fee was deducted. Refunds will take place within 2 weeks of the cancelled event date.
- School groups will be refunded via the payment method they used. By way of example, those who pay by credit card will receive the refund to that credit card & those who paid by cheque or direct credit will be refunded by cheque or direct debit.
Cancellation of registration by participants
- Cancellation of registration by participants will incur a $10 cancellation fee provided that the cancellation is requested by email to firstname.lastname@example.org at least five (5) working days prior to the event.
- No refunds will be given where participants cancel within five (5) working days of the event.
In the event of a cancelling participant having already received their TRYathlete Kit, an additional $10 will be charged if they wish to keep the kit. If the participant does not wish to keep the kit, this $10 fee will be held until the TRYathlete kit is returned to the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Team within ten (10) days of cancellation. Upon receipt of the returned TRYathlete kit, the $10 fee will be refunded to the credit card from which the registration fee was deducted.
EVENT DAY PRIZE-GIVING TERMS & CONDITIONS
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Prize-giving will take place on the stage container at each event once all participants have completed the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event course. Prize-giving usually takes place between 12.pm & 1:30pm.
All participants will be in the draw and eligible to win any of the spot prizes provided that they went through the “CHECK IN” process and had their bib number scanned prior to entry into transition.
In order to claim any spot prize, the winning participant must be present at the prize-giving and able to show their winning bib number.
In the event of any unclaimed spot prizes, only the BIKE BARN BIKES will be redrawn.
No prizes are able to be claimed at any later stage, and no prizes are able to be claimed by persons other than the participant named as the winner.
The Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon organisers takes no responsibility for the durability/quality of any Prize or for lost or unclaimed prizes.
Prizes are non-negotiable, non-transferrable, non-refundable and cannot be exchanged for cash.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF ENTRY
By entering into the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon (SWKT) you are aware of and agree to abide by the following conditions;
1. SWKT TRANSITION AREA
- The Transition Area constitutes part of the SWKT course, and as such, only participants in the process of completing the course and HELP TEAM Marshals are permitted to enter during the event.
- HELP TEAM Marshals will be unable to make exceptions to this.
- If participants require clothing, medicine or food left by their bike, participants (not parents) will be able to access this by approaching a Transition HELP TEAM Marshal and following their instructions to ensure safety to active participants
- After the final participant has completed the course, controlled access for those wanting to remove bikes from transition will be permitted from a single designated entry point under the guidance of Transition HELP TEAM Marshals until Prize-giving has been completed.
- After the prize-giving has been completed, general access to bikes in the Transition Area will be permitted. Several entries to transition will be created and security spot checks will be carried out by Transition HELP TEAM Marshals.
- Entering a SWKT constitutes agreement to adhere to these conditions, put in place for the safety of all participants and event staff.
2. SWKT LOST PROPERTY
- The SWKT organisers take no responsibility for any property lost at the SWKT events.
- If you have lost an item of property, we recommend that you check in at the Lost Kids Tent during the event & if it has not been handed in that you log the details of the item with one of the HELP TEAM staff.
- Post event please email email@example.com as soon as possible with a description of the item.
- At the conclusion of each SWKT, all lost property is given to the local coordinator who will hold items for three months for collection. After this date any items that have not been collected will be donated to a local charity. The exception to this is any items that a child could use at the TRYathlon eg helmets, shoes, bikes which will be donated to the Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation.
3. SWKT EVENT TIMING
- SWKT events are subject to variations in weather and the race course on event day. These conditions, as well as the speed with which participants complete the course, impact the length of our event.
- In all instances where timing information is provided, this is approximate. SWKT organisers take no responsibility for any losses incurred due to events running overtime.
- Prizegiving usually takes place between 12.00pm & 1.30pm & as such you should plan to be at the venue until approximately 1.30pm.
4. SWKT FAIR PLAY
- The SWKT is about participation and Fair Play. By entering the SWKT event, you agree to abide by the principles of Fair Play; respect for the rules, courtesy, just and equitable treatment for all participants, spectators and event volunteers alike.
- We also encourage all spectators, present on the day, to encourage and cheer for all participants present, and to equally abide by the principals of Fair Play. Thank you for your support.
By registering your child to participate in an event, you have confirmed that you have read and understood the entry waiver and terms & conditions relating to the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon (SWKT).
- I confirm that I am authorised to enter my child/ward named above in the SWKT (at the location and on the date described above) and give this waiver personally and on their behalf.
- I confirm that my child/ward named above is at least seven (7) years of age (or will be by the day of the SWKT) and that I have disclosed all relevant medical conditions (including allergies) to the organisers of the SWKT.
- I agree to comply with the rules and event instructions of the SWKT and enter at my child/ward’s own risk. Accordingly I release New Zealand Health Association Limited trading as Sanitarium (“Sanitarium”) and the organisers of SWKT from all claims, demands or proceedings arising out of my child/ward’s participation in the SWKT, I further understand that neither Sanitarium nor the organisers take any responsibility for loss of or damage to property arising in connection with the SWKT.
- I understand the ethos of the SWKT and confirm that we will adhere to “fair play” at the SWKT.
- I understand that for Health and Safety reasons participants my child/ward must wear closed in shoes for the bike & run legs of the event & that bikes are unable to be removed from the transition area until prize-giving, and my child/ward we will comply with this.
- I consent to Sanitarium and the SWKT event organisers collecting, retaining and using personal information of my child/ward, and sharing it with third parties who are involved in the event. I understand that my child’s/ward’s name may appear on promotional materials and merchandise associated with the SWKT as well as the SWKT website. Sanitarium and the SWKT event organisers may notify us of events similar to the SWKT as well as any marketing and promotional activities of Sanitarium. Sanitarium and the SWKT event organisers will hold the information securely. I understand that we have the right to access our personal information and request correction of any errors in it pursuant to the Privacy Act 1993.
- I agree that any photographs, videos and/or other images of my child/ward taken during the SWKT may be used for media and promotional purposes in connection with future events similar to the SWKT and/or Sanitarium’s business, including on the Weet-Bix website and on Sanitarium’s product packaging. Any use of a participant’s image on product packaging or as the “hero” image for a promotion will only be undertaken with parent/guardian consent. For the purposes of this clause a “hero” image is when the same image is used across a number of different promotional items such as posters, flyers and stationery.”
- I understand and agree not to on-sell any entry for a profit and that SWKT reserves the right to cancel outright the on-sold entry if SWKT becomes aware of the entry being on-sold for a profit.
- I understand that if for any reason my entry needs to be transferred, I am required to notify SWKT event organiser of the intention to transfer and provide SWKT event organiser with the contact details of the transferee and a $10 transfer charge is applicable.
- I understand any transfer is subject to the approval of SWKT event organisers. SWKT has the sole discretion to determine the transfer and any decisions made are final.
ENTRY PRICING – Terms and Conditions apply:
A. There are three basic pricing categories;
- EARLYBIRD PRICE – Each event has a specific EARLYBIRD Price Cut off Date (Click here for EARLYBIRD dates)
- ONLINE PRICE – Online pricing will be applied to all registrations made after the EARLYBIRD Cut Off date/time & before ONLINE registration close date. Each event will have a specific online close off date (Click here for ONLINE close off dates (link)
- FULL PRICE – Full pricing will be applied to all registrations made at the Admin Tent on event day. Note that events which SELL OUT prior to event day will not take On the Day registration Entries. If an event has sold out this will be communicated via the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Facebook Page and on the website tryathlon.co.nz
B. Other groups are eligible for these special pricing categories:
- FAMILY SPECIAL PRICE: To be eligible for the family price you must enter 3 or more members from your family as individual participants at a rate of $37(EARLYBIRD)/$41.92 ONLINE/$45 FULL per individual family member. IE – FAMILY PRICE for 3 family members is $111(Earlybird)/$125.75(Online)/$135(FULL), 4 family members is $148 (Earlybird)/$167.67(Online)/$180(Full) etc. A maximum of 6 individual participants can be registered through a family account.
- TEAM SPECIAL PRICE: Teams can be made up of 2 participants. As a team one team member will be the “swimmer” and the other the “cyclist”. Both participants will need to complete the run section. TEAM SPECIAL PRICE IS $74 EARLYBIRD, $85 ONLINE, $94.50 FULL)
- SCHOOL GROUP SPECIAL PRICE: School group participant entry price is $37.00 (EARLYBIRD), $41.25 ONLINE, $49.50 FULL per participant whether they entered as an individual or as a team. Participants must be registered as a group through their school OR be registered from home by parent & linked to the school group by the parent registering the child.
- GISBORNE SPECIAL PRICE: To be eligible for the GISBORNE SPECIAL PRICE you must be one of the first 1500 participants to register into this event. GISBORNE SPECIAL PRICE is $10 OFF ANY PRICE CATEGORY for the first 1500 entrants.
- You are a guardian of the Tryathlete who intends to use the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme.
- The Tryathlete will be at least 7 years of age on the day of the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event in which he or she is participating in.
- You will be responsible for the training environment the Tryathlete uses to undertake the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme and will supervise the Tryathlete at all times during his or her use of the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme.
- The Tryathlete uses the Weet-Bix Try.Tr@iner Programme at his or her own risk.
Post Event Parent Survey Prize Terms & Conditions
- Prize draw is open to any 2016/17 SWKT participant’s parent or guardian.
- To enter, the parent or guardian must complete and submit the 2016/17 SWKT post event survey by Monday 24th April 2017.
- Prizes will be drawn Wednesday 26th April 2016 and winners contacted. There will be one winner drawn for each 2016/17 SWKT location (there are 16 locations). If a winner is unable to be contacted within 5 days, that prize winner relinquishes their right to the Prize and a new winner for that location may be drawn at Sanitarium’s sole discretion.
- Prize is one free entry to the 2017/2018 SWKT location (event) of the prize winner’s choice.
- Only one entry per participant.
- Prize is non-transferable or exchangeable and no cash alternative will be offered.
- It is the Prize Winners’ responsibility to ensure that the correct name and email address is provided to Sanitarium. Sanitarium accepts no responsibility for a Prize sent to an incorrect email address (where the details are consistent with what has been advised to Sanitarium).
- Sanitarium reserve the right to amend these terms and conditions as it deems necessary and for any reason.
- Sanitarium’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon 2016/17 Series – Digital Photo Pack supplied by Supersport Images – Terms and Conditions
- I acknowledge and agree to the following terms and conditions, which will apply if I select and pay for the digital photo pack during registering my child/ward for the 2016 / 2017 Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event series in New Zealand.
- I understand that the digital images will not be provided as printed photographs, and will instead be provided as downloadable digital images which are to be download from www.supersportimages.com
- I understand that all images are full resolution electronic downloadable images only of approx 1 megabyte.
- I understand that photographers are positioned at the swim, ride, run and medal location, however images at each location cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, I understand that I may not receive any specific image of my child/ward at all locations;
- I understand that my child/ward must wear their identification number in a clear and prominent fashion during and after the event to enable the best chance of photographing my child/ward;
- I understand that after the event I will be sent an email from Supersport Images containing access instruction and in order to receive my child/ward’s digital images I must follow the directions and redeem the images in a timely manner.
- I understand that Sanitarium and Supersport Images is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected correspondence and that I must contact Supersport Images directly if I have not received the email containing instructions to access the images;
- I acknowledge that the images of my child/ward may contain other participants;
- I acknowledge that the pre-order fee for the digital photo pack for New Zealand events is NZ$13.75 (inc 15% GST) for each individual participant.
SCHOOLS INCENTIVE & PRIZE TERMS & CONDITIONS
School Group Accounts
1. To register school group accounts, school coordinators must visit https://registration.tryathlon.co.nz/School-Registration before the respective cut-off date for school group registration, or event sell out (whichever comes first) and follow the prompts. One school group account can be registered per school.
School Group Entry Price
2. A discounted entry price of $37.00 (EARLYBIRD) or $41.25 (ONLINE) is available to all students who, by the respective cut-off date for school group registration, are registered for the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon 2016/2017 Series (SWKT 2016/2017) by their school coordinator through the school account OR registered at home and linked to their school group.
Eligible School Group Offer
3. The Eligible School Group Offer consists of:
a. A free school group photo; and
b. One entry into the school group prize draw.
4. To be eligible for the Eligible School Group Offer, the school group must have 15 or more students entered into the school group (* OR 10 or more students entered into the school group if the school has a school roll of 51 – 100, * OR 5 or more students entered into the school group if the school has a school roll of 50 or less) at the time of the respective event cut-off date for school group registration, or by event sell out (whichever comes first). In all cases the students must be aged 7-15 years. Participants can either be entered directly into their school group by the school group coordinator OR registered at home and linked to their registered school group.
5. School roll numbers will be taken from the Ministry of Education Directory of Schools – as at the respective group cut-off date for each event.
School group photo
6. Each eligible school group is entitled to a free photo of their school group to be taken on the event day. Schools that want to redeem their FREE photo must be present with participants after prize giving at the finish line. The photo taken will be emailed in high resolution with the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon e-frame to the school group coordinator 3 days after the respective event.
School group prize draw
7. There are five school group prizes to be won at each event.
8. At each event a prize giving will be held and the prizes in clause 9 will be awarded. One prize will be awarded for the eligible school group with the largest number of participants. One prize will be awarded to the eligible school group with the largest % of participants in relation to their school roll*, unless that school is awarded the prize for the largest number of participants, in which case the eligible school group with the second largest % of participants in relation to their school roll* will be awarded the prize (*based on the number of students entered as a % of total school roll as per the Ministry of Education Directory of Schools on the respective school group cut-off date for that event). The remaining three prizes will be randomly drawn by a Sanitarium representative from the remaining eligible schools prior to the event prize giving.
9. The five winning schools at each event will win ONE of the following prizes:
a. Sanitarium Prize Pack: The Sanitarium Prize Pack consists of 12 packets of Weet-Bix, 12 packets of Weet-Bix Bites Wildberry, 16 packets (with 5 individual units) of Weet-Bix GO and 48 units of Up&Go (total RRP value $300); or
b. TRYathlon 2016/2017 Prize Pack: the TRYathlon 2016/2017 Prize Pack consists of 15 FREE Entries for the 2017/18 Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Series – (total value $562.50); or
c. Toyota Prize Pack: The Toyota Prize Pack consists of a $300 Rebel Sport voucher & a Valerie Adams signed shot put set from Toyota; or
d. Major Prize Draw 1: The Major Prize Draw 1 consists of ONE of the following prizes (The Major Prize Draw 1 will be pre-allocated to each event in accordance with clause 16):
i. 1 x $300 Warehouse Stationery voucher; or
ii. 1 x Nivea product prize pack (RRP value $500)
e. Major Prize Draw 2: The Major Prize Draw 2 consists of ONE of the following prizes (the Major Prize Draw 2 will be pre-allocated to each event in accordance with clause 16):
i. 1 x $5000 HRV Filtration System installed at the winning school as per clause 13
ii. 3 x ‘Black Rocket’ Alloy Mountain Bikes (total value $1,289.97) from Bike Barn; or
iii. 1 x Haier Mini Fridge (RRP value $549); or
iv. 1 x ASICS Sports Prize Packs (made up of 16 x back pack, drink bottle & a pair of socks – total RRP value $1,500); or
v. 1 x Nivea product prize pack (RRP value $500)
10. A live draw will be held on the event day at prize giving to determine which prize the five winning school groups will win of the prizes listed at clause 9.
11. The school group coordinator of any school group winning a prize may collect it on the day but is not required to be at the event prize giving. Prizes that are not collected on event day will be sent to the school group coordinator within 14 days of the event with the exception of any Bikes & Mini Fridges which will need to be collected from a nominated local Bike Barn store or Haier stockist as applicable.
Major Prize Draw 1 & 2
12. To determine which of the Major Prizes listed at clauses 10.d. and 10.e will be allocated to each event, a random draw will take place prior to the start of the SWKT 2016/2017 series. For further details on the Major Prize Draws 1 & 2 process please visit https://tryathlon.co.nz/event-policies/
HRV Filtration System
13. The prize winner must make contact with HRV about claiming their prize within 1 month of the date it is drawn. The prize of an HRV Hydration Station includes one hydration station unit with HRV water filtration system and fittings to connect to a regular outdoor tap. The prize is based on standard production of a similar hydration station to the one at the TRYathlon events. The prize is non-transferrable and cannot be exchanged for cash. The prize does not include maintenance, replacement parts and servicing (including filter changes), this will be at the winning School’s own cost.
14. Sanitarium takes no responsibility for the durability/quality of any prize.
15. Prizes are non-transferrable, non-refundable and unable to be exchanged for cash.
16. Sanitarium reserves the right to amend or withdraw the Eligible School Group Offer, substitute prizes and amend these terms and conditions at any time and for any reason without prior notice. Any changes will be posted at try.weetbix.co.nz/parents/event-policies.
17. Sanitarium’s decision on all matters is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
Event prize pool draw process NOT PRINTED ON A5 FLYER – WEBSITE ONLY https://tryathlon.co.nz/event-policies/
The following Major Prizes will be randomly drawn by a Sanitarium representative on 28 October 2016 & allocated to an event:
Major Prize Draw One:
• 6 x $500 Nivea Product Prize Packs
• 10 x $300 Warehouse Stationery Vouchers
Major Prize Draw Two:
• 1 x HRV Filtration System (installed at the winning school)
• 3 x $500 Nivea Product Prize Packs
• 4 x Three ‘Black Rocket’ Alloy Mountain Bikes
• 5 x Mini Haier Fridges
• 1 x Asics Sports Prize Packs (make up of 16 “packs”)
• 1 x Eliza McCartney Framed Shirt and Anchor Prize Pack
• 1 x Tomas Walsh Framed Shirt and Anchor Prize Pack
Draw 1 – Rotorua
Draw 2 – South Auckland
Draw 3 – Hutt City
Draw 4 – Mount Maunganui
Draw 6 – Central East Auckland
Draw 7 – Hamilton
Draw 8 – Gisborne
Draw 9 – Christchurch
Draw 10 – Dunedin
Draw 11 – Nelson
Draw 12 – Wellington
Draw 13 – Palmerston North
Draw 14 – Hibiscus Coast
Draw 15 – New Plymouth
Draw 16 – Bay of Islands