Weet-Bix Tryathlon Foundation
What it is
The Weet-Bix Tryathlon Foundation was established in 2007 by Sanitarium staff to enable underprivileged and disadvantaged kiwi children the opportunity to take part in and experience the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon. The Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon enables them to have a long-lasting experience of achievement and success, ultimately assisting them to live happy, healthy lives and giving them the confidence to do and be anything they want.
MAKE A DONATION BUTTON
How it works
The Foundation provides worthy nominees with a subsidy of entry fees to a Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon event, or via the subsidy of necessary equipment. Equipment will be donated to groups (e.g. schools) so that they can be used by many.
Applications are managed by Sanitarium and funding is awarded by the Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Trustees.
The Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Trustees assess all nominations and make a decision to approve the nomination based on the personal circumstances of the nominated child.
We believe that every child has the right to feel like a winner and realise their potential.
Since 2007 the mission of the Foundation has been to give more children the opportunity to enter the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon, to experience all the benefits of taking part, and truly shine.
With your support, the Foundation funds equipment and subsidises entry for children that could do with extra support.
If you would like to help another child who deserves to have this long-lasting experience of achievement and success you can make a donation to the Foundation by cheque, bank transfer or along with your child’s registration.
To make a donation, please send a cheque payable to the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Foundation to:
The Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation
C/- Private Bag 92127
Please include a name and contact number so that a donation receipt can be sent to you.
Donations can also be made online into the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon Foundation account:
Thank you for your support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible?
Nominations for assistance can be either:
- For any child between the ages of 7 and 15.
- Both individual and groups
- Groups with children between ages the ages of 7 and 15.
- Community Groups, Schools are considered as groups
Who can nominate?
Nominations will be accepted from
- community group leader,
- other community member or
- third party.
The nominator must be outside of the nominated child’s immediate family.
How to nominate?
To nominate a deserving child you will need to fill out the application form and enter the following information
- Nominated child’s / groups details
- Your details
- What assistance the child requires (subsidy of entry fee or equipment)
- Reason why nominated child deserves funding
- Information on why the candidate(s) you are nominating would not otherwise be able to enter the event
- Background on other activities that the school/group/the candidate(s) is/are undertaking to assist with entry to the event
Nominations are now open and all nominations must be submitted by the deadlines below.
|Calendar date||Calendar item|
|Monday 2nd November 2015||Foundation Meeting #1|
- Applications must be received by close off dates.
- For events that reach capacity they must get application in by 15th January as no spots will be held for recipients of Foundation support.
- For the 2016 events schools will be encouraged to get application in by Friday 15th January & advised that they will be advised of decision on Tuesday 19th January.