Finding the right shoe for you
Find the shoe for you @ http://www.asics.co.nz/
- Make sure the shoes fit well – they shouldn’t be too tight or too loose, they should give your feet the perfect hug.
- Get the correct support your feet need – does your foot roll inward or outward when running? To find out make sure you are fitted by a sales assistant and have your foot checked. Getting the right support will help you protect your feet and stay safe when enjoying your run.
- Make sure they are comfortable – really concentrate on how your feet feel before you buy them. Is your toe pushing up against the shoe, or your heel rubbing at the back? You want to make sure you are comfortable, so you can relax and enjoy your TRYathlon.
- Drink plenty of water before, during and after the run leg.
- Pace yourself. Don’t run too fast at the start or you might get a stitch.
- If you do get a ‘stitch’, slow down or walk for a bit, take long breaths, and place a hand on the area that is sore.
- Have a positive mind set – there may be points in the race when you feel its too hard, prepare yourself with positive thoughts and self-talk to help you get through it. For example: “I am, I can, I will” and “breathe, believe, achieve”.
- Try to buddy up for the run leg and help keep each other going.
- Most of all – enjoy the moment and have FUN!