Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation
What it is
The Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation was established in 2007 by Sanitarium staff to give underprivileged and disadvantaged Kiwi kids the opportunity to take part in the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon, through subsidised entry or the donation of equipment such as a bicycle or helmet. The Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon enables them to have a long-lasting experience of achievement and success, ultimately assisting them to live happy, healthy lives and giving them the confidence to do and be anything they want.
The Foundation accepts nominations on behalf of individuals and groups. If you would like to nominate a deserving Kiwi kid or groups of children then please click on the NOMINATE NOW below. Alternatively, if you would like to make a donation to the Foundation then please click the DONATE NOW link below.
Nominate a Kiwi kid today for the opportunity to receive a subsidised entry or the donation of equipment such as a bicycle or helmet.
- When receiving nominations for equipment donations, preference is given to groups who can demonstrate that the equipment will benefit groups of children for years to come.
- Applications are managed by Sanitarium and funding is awarded by the Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Trustees.
- The Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Trustees assess all nominations and make a decision to approve the nomination based on the personal circumstances of the nominated child or community group.
We believe that every Kiwi kid has the right to feel like a winner and realise their potential.
Since 2007 the mission of the Foundation has been to give more children the opportunity to enter the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon, to experience all the benefits of taking part, and truly shine. With your support, the Foundation funds equipment and subsidises entry for children that could do with extra support.
Thank you for your support.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible?
Nominations for assistance can be either:
- For any child between the ages of 7 and 15.
- Both individual and groups
- Groups with children between ages the ages of 7 and 15.
- Community Groups, Schools are considered as groups
Who can nominate?
Nominations will be accepted from
- community group leader,
- other community member or
- third party.
The nominator must be outside of the nominated child’s immediate family.
How to nominate?
To nominate a deserving child you will need to fill out the application form and enter the following information
- Nominated child’s / groups details
- Your details
- What assistance the child requires (subsidy of entry fee or equipment)
- Reason why nominated child deserves funding
- Information on why the candidate(s) you are nominating would not otherwise be able to enter the event
- Background on other activities that the school/group/the candidate(s) is/are undertaking to assist with entry to the event
2018/2019 Series Key Dates for Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation
|Calendar date||Calendar item|
|Thursday 25 October 2018||Nominations close for Mt Maunganui, Rotorua, South Auckland and Central West Auckland TRYathlons.|
|Tuesday 30 October 2018||Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Meeting #1|
|Sunday 14 December 2018||Nominations close for Hamilton, Hastings, Central East Auckland and Gisborne TRYathlons.|
|Tuesday 18 December 2018||Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Meeting #2|
|Thursday 17 January 2019||Nominations close for Christchurch, Nelson and Dunedin TRYathlons.|
|Tuesday 22 January 2019||Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Meeting #3|
|Tuesday 7 February 2019||Nominations close for Hutt City, Wellington and Palmerston North TRYathlons.|
|Tuesday 12 February 2019||Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Meeting #4|
|Thursday 21 February 2019||Nominations close for Hibiscus Coast, New Plymouth and Bay of Islands TRYathlons.|
|Tuesday 26 February 2019||Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Meeting #5|
- Applications must be received by close off dates.