Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation
The Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation was established in 2007 by Sanitarium staff to give underprivileged and disadvantaged Kiwi kids the opportunity to take part in the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon, through subsidised entry or the donation of equipment such as a bicycle or helmet. The Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon enables them to have a long-lasting experience of achievement and success, ultimately assisting them to live happy, healthy lives and giving them the confidence to do and be anything they want.
The Foundation accepts nominations on behalf of individuals and groups. If you would like to nominate a deserving Kiwi kid or groups of children then please click on NOMINATE NOW below. Alternatively, if you would like to make a donation to the Foundation please click DONATE NOW below.
Nominate a Kiwi kid today for the opportunity to receive a subsidised entry or the donation of equipment such as a bicycle or helmet.
- When receiving nominations for equipment donations, preference is given to groups who can demonstrate that the equipment will benefit groups of children for years to come.
- Applications are managed by Sanitarium and funding is awarded by the Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Trustees.
- The Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation Trustees assess all nominations and make a decision to approve the nomination based on the personal circumstances of the nominated child or community group.
We believe that every Kiwi kid has the right to feel like a winner and realise their potential.
Since 2007 the mission of the Foundation has been to give more children the opportunity to enter the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon, to experience all the benefits of taking part, and truly shine. With your support, the Foundation funds equipment and subsidises entry for children that could do with extra support.
Thank you for your support.
BIKE IT FORWARD
The Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation has teamed up with Bike Barn to BIKE IT FORWARD and give Kiwi kids the chance to participate in the TRYathlon by providing them with their very own bike, all thanks to you!
Many of us have bikes that our kids have outgrown, so why not donate those bikes and BIKE IT FORWARD?
Each donated bike will be given an overhaul by Bike Barn mechanics, and then gifted to Kiwi kids identified by the Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation.
If you are in Auckland bikes can be donated at any Auckland Bike Barn store or dropped into Sanitarium (124 Pah Rd, Royal Oak). Alternatively, Bike Barn MAY BE ABLE TO COLLECT the bikes from your home. To arrange a bike collection, call 09 267 1245 and select option 1 during business hours (9am-5pm Monday to Friday) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Donated bikes need to be between 16” and 24 inches (wheel diameter), suitable for 7 to 15 year old children and of a reasonable condition.
We thank you in advance for getting behind this awesome project,
The BIKE IT FORWARD squad
Terms & Conditions
Donations to the Bike it Forward programme will be accepted by Bike Barn and the Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation in Auckland only; between 1st September 2019 and 31st October 2019.
Click to View List of Participating Bike Barn Stores
Bikes can be donated at any participating Bike Barn store in Auckland during business hours at:
Bike Barn Mt Wellington
50 Mount Wellington Highway,
ph: 64 9 527 2604
Bike Barn Manukau
40 Cavendish Drive,
ph: 64 9 551 0963
Bike Barn Albany
61C Paul Matthew Drive,
ph: 64 9 414 5395
Bike Barn NorthWest
1-7 Fred Taylor Drive,
ph: 64 9 974 5742
Bike Barn New Lynn
3119 Great North Road,
ph: 64 9 827 6951
Bike Barn Takapuna
81 Barrys Point Road,
ph: 64 9 486 2065
Bike Barn Central
Cnr Symonds Street & Khyber Pass Road,
ph: 64 9 379 2524
Nomination Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible?
Nominations for assistance can be either:
- For any child between the ages of 7 and 15.
- Both individual and groups
- Groups with children between ages the ages of 7 and 15.
- Community Groups, Schools are considered as groups
Who can nominate?
Nominations will be accepted from
- community group leader,
- other community member or
- third party.
The nominator must be outside of the nominated child’s immediate family.
How to nominate?
To nominate a deserving child you will need to fill out the application form and enter the following information
- Nominated child’s / groups details
- Your details
- What assistance the child requires (subsidy of entry fee or equipment)
- Reason why nominated child deserves funding
- Information on why the candidate(s) you are nominating would not otherwise be able to enter the event
- Background on other activities that the school/group/the candidate(s) is/are undertaking to assist with entry to the event