ABOUT THE WEET-BIX TRYATHLON FOUNDATION
The Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation was established in 2007 by Sanitarium staff. Its purpose is to remove the barriers to entry, so that the Sanitarium Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon is open to all kids regardless of their circumstances, and accessible to as many families as possible.
We achieve this goal through subsidising entries, or the donation of equipment such as a bikes and helmets.
WE WANT TO GIVE EVERY KIWI KIDS THE CHANCE TO TRY ON A WEET-BIX KIDS TRYATHLON T-SHIRT
The Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon strives to create a life-changing experience for kids in a fun, safe and dynamic environment. We see the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon t-shirt as a symbol of resilience, camaraderie and self-confidence and we want to provide the opportunity to all kids to be able to try it on.
Your nomination or donation will make a positive difference in Kiwi kids’ lives and help them TRY IT ON.
100% of all donations go to helping more Kiwi kids take part in the Weet-Bix Kids TRYathlon.
BIKE IT FORWARD
The Weet-Bix TRYathlon Foundation wants to BIKE IT FORWARD and give Kiwi kids the chance to participate in the TRYathlon by providing them with their very own bike, all thanks to you!
Many of us have bikes that our kids have outgrown, so why not donate those bikes and BIKE IT FORWARD?
I WANT TO DONATE NOW
Every little bit helps get deserving kids to the starting line. This is what your donation could go towards;
$20 – half the registration fee
$30 – a new helmet
$45 – the full registration fee
$150 – a new bike
I WANT TO NOMINATE A GROUP NOW
Your nomination can help a group of deserving kids TRY IT ON.
Nomination Frequently Asked Questions
Who is eligible?
Nominations for assistance can be either:
- For any child between the ages of 7 and 15.
- Both individual and groups
- Groups with children between ages the ages of 7 and 15.
- Community Groups, Schools are considered as groups
Who can nominate?
Nominations will be accepted from
- community group leader,
- other community member or
- third party.
The nominator must be outside of the nominated child’s immediate family.
How to nominate?
To nominate a deserving child you will need to fill out the application form and enter the following information
- Nominated child’s / groups details
- Your details
- What assistance the child requires (subsidy of entry fee or equipment)
- Reason why nominated child deserves funding
- Information on why the candidate(s) you are nominating would not otherwise be able to enter the event
- Background on other activities that the school/group/the candidate(s) is/are undertaking to assist with entry to the event