– Have a good pair of goggles that are comfortable and don’t leak.
– Make sure you practice the distance in training.
– On race day prepare for the event by going through it in your head. Getting your head in the game will get you around the course with much more ease.
– Don’t start out too fast at the start.
– Remember if you start to panic all you need to do is roll onto your back and float, and if in a pool, just grab onto the lane rope.
– Don’t forget to have fun while you are swimming.
BEFORE THE EVENT:
– Make sure you have a good breakfast before your event so you have lots of energy to go fast! 2 Weet-Bix and abanana is a great idea to fuel up.
– Keep sipping on water before your event to make sure you are hydrated before you start.
CHOOSING THE RIGHT GOGGLES FOR YOU:
– Make sure they are the right size for your face. If they suction onto your face without the strap – perfect!
– Alternatively, if you place the goggles on with strap around your head, and pinch the nose piece, you should feel the suction around the eye pieces. This will ensure no pesky water gets in.
– Comfortable – you’ll thank us around that first buoy!
– Cool colour (it makes you go faster)
– Check out our goggles http://www.aqualineswim.co.nz